Rev Up 2021 may be over, but we're excited about what's to come!
The event will return next year under a new name: Trailblaze 2022. Stay tuned for more information - coming soon!
Rev Up is an event designed for change makers, innovators, and thinkers who are
passionate about making an impact in healthcare.
Motivate, Inspire, & Educate
Our annual Rev Up event was created to motivate, inspire, and educate our attendees so that they – and their businesses – can keep up with the changing healthcare landscape and grow stronger alongside their members and patients.
Rev Up 2021 will be another great opportunity to collaborate and learn from the best minds in healthcare. Here’s what Rev Up attendees experienced at the 2020 event:
- An engaging and future-focused keynote by Dr. Rishi Manchanda, MD, MHP
Lively and diverse panels and in-depth Q&As
- Innovation Lab hosted by Icario’s top health action experts
Forward-thinking panel sessions featuring healthcare industry experts from Humana, CVS | Aetna, Papa, and more, covering social determinants of health and member experience
Chief Technology Officer of the U.S. (2009-2012); President, CareJourney
Chief Chairman, Nightingale Partners
National Vice President, Enterprise Transformation and Strategic Solutions, UnitedHealth Group
Senior Director, Social Determinants of Health Strategy & Execution, CVS | Aetna
Managing Partner, Social Innovation Ventures
Chief Growth Officer, GA Foods
SVP, Government Markets & Strategic Initiatives, Icario
SVP, Integrated Experience Group, Icario
We’re in the middle of a huge transition in this industry and the shift starts with engagement. First you need to be able to find these folks, reach them, and engage them. Then, you’ve got to get them to change. That’s what Rev Up is all about and why people come to this event.
– John Gorman, Chairman, Nightingale Partners
September 14, 2021
Welcome to Rev Up & Opening Keynote – “Innovative State: Technology Breakthroughs Making Healthcare Better and New Uses for Data”
Welcome to Rev Up 2021 – we’re excited you’re here! We may not all be in the same room this year, but the energy won’t be lacking. Join us for a warm welcome and an opening keynote from the first Chief Technology Officer of the United States, Aneesh Chopra.
From President Obama’s first full day in office to President Trump’s new Office of American Innovation, the United States has directed resources to foster a more open, innovative government. Aneesh Chopra served as the nation’s first CTO and his legacy of private-sector collaboration, including his work with health and workforce data, continues to offer growth opportunities throughout the economy. His 2014 book, Innovative State: How New Technologies Can Transform Government, describes the “impatient convening” role that government should play: opening up data and encouraging its use, convening the private sector in the design and adoption of standards, and fostering an ecosystem of entrepreneurs and innovators to join in solving problems.
In this enlightening presentation, Chopra explores:
- Future possibilities for data innovation to improve key growth markets, including health care, energy, and education
- How public data and private-sector analytic techniques can improve matchmaking between employers, job seekers, and training programs
- Insights on how organizations can apply similar approaches to develop new products and deploy innovative services to meet growing customer demands
September 21, 2021
Making the Member Experience Matter – Real Stories Behind Healthcare Engagement
- R.J. Briscione, Senior Director of SDoH Strategy & Execution, CVS | Aetna
- Cyrus Batheja, National Vice President, Enterprise Transformation and Strategic Solutions, UnitedHealth Group
- Louise Briguglio, SVP, Integrated Experience, Icario
At the heart of healthcare lies the reason we do what we do—people. This session focuses on member stories. Our panel will discuss how we use data, research, and engagement to shape the member experience, why personalization in healthcare engagement matters, and the impact we can have when we meet members where they are.
September 28, 2021
Small Steps to Big Wins – SDoH Interview on Health Equity, Digital Divide, and Other Hot Topics
- John Gorman, Chairman, Nightingale Partners & Former Assistant Director of the Office of Managed Care (now CMS)
- Andrey Ostrovsky, Managing Partner, Social Innovation Ventures & Former Chief Medical Officer of the US Medicaid Program
- Michael Calogero, Chief Growth Officer, GA Foods
- Sara Ratner, SVP, Government Programs & Strategic Initiatives, Icario
Social determinants of health are ever-evolving. This interview highlights the big picture of SDoH, while offering tactical steps health plans can take to make bigger strides, faster. Our panelists will cover a lot of ground in this session—discussing everything from health equity to the newest “super determinant”, and dive into policies that are influencing innovation and new programs.
Rev Up is Brought to You by Icario
Icario is the industry’s leading healthcare engagement company, using behavioral research, data science, and deep industry expertise to move people to better health. Learn more at icariohealth.com.